Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje has called for a ban on the movement of cattle from the north to the south of the country and from the middle of the belt.
In Daura, Katsina State, along with other governors of the All Progressive Congress (APC), the Kano State Governor, who met with President Muhammadu Buhari, expressed hope that this would stop the conflict between farmers and herders in the country.
Ganduje also disclosed that in a forest near Kano’s border with Katsina, they are constructing a settlement for herders.
ALSO READ :#EndSARS : Nigerian Army Disbands Legal Team, Pulls out of Lagos Panel Investigating Lekki Shooting As More Evidence Resurfaces
“We are building a Ruga settlement in Samsosua forest, our border with Katsina and we have succeeded in curtailing the effect of banditry in that area.
“So, we are building many houses, we are constructing a dam; we are establishing a cattle artificial insemination centre, we are establishing a veterinary clinic and already we have started building houses for herdsmen.
“My advocacy is that we should abolish the transportation or trekking of herdsmen from the northern part of Nigeria to the middle belt and to the southern part of Nigeria.
“There should be a law that will ban, otherwise we cannot control the conflicts between herdsmen and farmers and cannot control the cattle rustling which is affecting us greatly.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE