The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been drawn to a statement credited to the Oyo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) that Governor Seyi Makinde should do all he has promised since he has allegedly got N7.9 billion bailout funds.
In the same statement issued by the party’s Publicity Secretary, Olatunde Azeez, the APC also offered some unsolicited advice to the ruling party in Oyo State, especially on the purchase of vehicles for judges and management of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Ogbomoso.
A statement by PDP’s Publicity Secretary in Oyo state, Engineer Akeem Olatunji, however, accused the APC of merely seeking to distract the new government in the state through unwarranted claims.
According to the PDP, comments by the APC on the said bailout fund only show that the opposition party was saddened that its government did not get the opportunity to mismanage the bailout fund.
The statement indicated that while the PDP was not averse to taking credible and quality advice from any quarter in the state, it was wary of “licking a poisoned chalice dressed innocuously as an altruistic advice from the APC on the above-mentioned issues.”
The statement further read: “We are all witnesses to how the immediate past APC government mismanaged the fortunes of the state and failed to fulfil its promises to the Judges, the Judiciary and the entire people of the state during its eight year rule.
“We cannot also forget in a hurry how the APC government put the future of thousands of our children who are students in LAUTECH in peril through unwarranted strikes and lack of funding.
“Rather than gallivant about on the streets proffering unwanted advice to the government of Engineer Seyi Makinde, the APC should bury its head in shame for the unmitigated mismanagement its government foisted on the people of Oyo State in the last eight years.
“Let us restate here that the government of Engineer Seyi Makinde has sold itself to probity and accountability. It is not a decision forced on us by anyone. And in that regard, every kobo that accrues to the state will be judiciously used.
“We believe that some members of the APC are already getting jittery on realising that the PDP government is about to establish an anti-corruption commission in the state. It is clear that the hint of the incoming anti-corruption agency is making some persons in that party to commit unforced errors.”
The statement also enjoined the opposition in the state to allow the new government settle in and face the task of rebuilding the state which was practically crippled under the watch of the APC.
Engineer Akeem Olatunji,
State Publicity Secretary,
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august