The Bail Application of Sowore suffers a setback as police struggle to deliver defendants
Omoyele Sowore’s bail application and four others once again endured a temporary setback.
ALSO READ: Important Notice To All Nigerians: How to Check if you or your loved ones have unclaimed Dividends ( over N130 billion Unclaimed dividends )
This time, following the inability of the Nigeria Police Force to deliver the defendants in Court, the application suffered a setback.
In a Friday interview with journalists at the Chief Magistrate Court in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja, Marshal Abubakar, the defendant’s counsel, said the police claim to have handed the case file for further prosecution to the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of the Police.
He states that, on the advice of the Attorney General of the Federation, the DIG who was called to produce the defendants stated to have handed the case file to the Director of Public Prosecution (AGF).
For suspected criminal conspiracy, unlawful assembly, and inciting public disorder, Sowore and the other defendants face trial.
Earlier today, 8 January, the Chief Magistrate Court of Abuja had scheduled a verdict on Tuesday on the bail application filed on behalf of Sowore and four others.
It was expected that Chief Magistrate Mabel Segun-Bello would rule today on the bail application.
The court also ordered the defendants to be remanded at the Force CIID facility in Area 10 on Tuesday, following allegations by Sowore that at the Kuje Correctional Centre they were refused food and medical care.
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]