The Bail Application of Sowore suffers a setback as police struggle to deliver defendants
Omoyele Sowore’s bail application and four others once again endured a temporary setback.
ALSO READ: Important Notice To All Nigerians: How to Check if you or your loved ones have unclaimed Dividends ( over N130 billion Unclaimed dividends )
This time, following the inability of the Nigeria Police Force to deliver the defendants in Court, the application suffered a setback.
In a Friday interview with journalists at the Chief Magistrate Court in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja, Marshal Abubakar, the defendant’s counsel, said the police claim to have handed the case file for further prosecution to the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of the Police.
He states that, on the advice of the Attorney General of the Federation, the DIG who was called to produce the defendants stated to have handed the case file to the Director of Public Prosecution (AGF).
For suspected criminal conspiracy, unlawful assembly, and inciting public disorder, Sowore and the other defendants face trial.
Earlier today, 8 January, the Chief Magistrate Court of Abuja had scheduled a verdict on Tuesday on the bail application filed on behalf of Sowore and four others.
It was expected that Chief Magistrate Mabel Segun-Bello would rule today on the bail application.
The court also ordered the defendants to be remanded at the Force CIID facility in Area 10 on Tuesday, following allegations by Sowore that at the Kuje Correctional Centre they were refused food and medical care.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates