Former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose has denied involvement in the viral video which showed some of his loyalists swearing to an oath.
This newspaper reports that a meeting of ward leaders and executives in the Ijero local government area, saw the attendees take an oath to vow to be loyal to Fayose and promised not to betray him.
The meeting had in attendance the former state PDP Chairman, Chief Bola Olu-Ojo; former House of Assembly member, Akinleye Ekundayo; and Mr Mike Adeosun.
It was gathered that the oath was taken to prevent some of the members from shifting their support from Ayodele Fayose to Senator Biodun Olujimi.
The party has been experiencing some crisis over who the true leader of the party is with some members supporting the former state Governor and other submitting to Senate Olujimi.
However, reacting to the development through his media aide, Lere Olayinka, Fayose said, “There was no oath-taking anywhere. Did you see Fayose in that video? Did you see any object like the Bible, the Quran or iron? If no, how does that amount to oath-taking?”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021