An apology has been tendered by the Australian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Claire Ireland over a 'sad' comment she made concerning #EndSARS protest.
Claire Ireland had taken to Twitter to advice Australian citizens to avoid the protest and follow the advice of local authorities.
"REVISED MSG: There are ongoing protests in Abuja, Lagos and other locations in Nigeria. Avoid these protests and follow the advice of local authorities."
However after being called out over the tweet, she apologized and stated that she didn't mean to imply that the protests were violent.
"I would like to apologise for earlier message. We did not mean to imply the protests were violent in general. We respect people’s right to peacefully protest."
Get Job Alerts Via Telegram
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR .
- Rivers State Ministry of Education Massive Recruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]
- Edo State Civil Service Massive Teachers Recruitment 2020 [ EdoSTAR ]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
DAILY JOB RECAPS
Dangote Group Recruitment 2020 October/ November for Graduates in Nigeria
Rivers State Ministry of Education Massive Recruitment for Teaching and Non Teaching Staff
Deep Blue Energy Services Job Vacancies ( 5 Positions )
Obafemi Awolowo university Recruitment 2020
List of Latest Jobs in Nigeria As of October 16 2020 for Graduates