The Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal has adjourned to July 1 for ruling on the application by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar urging it to put aside its proceedings of June 11.
The chairman of the tribunal, Justice Mohammed Garba adjourned ruling on Tuesday after listening to events within the matter.
Atiku and the PDP are difficult the continuing of June 11 whereby the All Progressives Congress (APC) requested the tribunal to strike out some paragraphs of their petition.
Atiku and PDP filed an objection to the application however the APC withdrew their application on June 11 and filed a contemporary one identical day, which the PDP couldn't instantly reply to.
Thus, the occasion and its candidate desires the tribunal to quash the whole proceedings of the day.
At the resumed hearing on Wednesday, counsel to Atiku and PDP, Chris Uche (SAN) requested for time to answer on ‘points of law’ to the counter affidavits from each President Muhammadu Buhari and the APC on the application looking for to put aside the proceedings of June 11.
He additionally requested the court to provide directives on the quantity of functions, witnesses and schedule of time for arguments for the substantive hearing of the petition.
But attorneys to INEC, Yunus Ustaz Usman (SAN); Buhari, Yusuf Ali (SAN); and APC, Lateed Fagbemi (SAN) all opposed the PDP’s application to provide directives as to the petition.
They argued that it might make the document of the tribunal untidy and unwieldy.
Ali argued that if Atiku and PDP wish to save time they need to withdraw their application to allow the panel conclude pre-hearing session
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august