Court Fix Date To Hear Suit Challenging Atiku Abubakar ’s citizenship
The Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday set September 27, 2021 as the date for the hearing of the complaint filed by the Incorporated Trustees of the Egalitarian Mission for Africa, which questions former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s citizenship.
Akinola Oladimeji, the plaintiff’s attorney, stated the court that he was not prepared to proceed with the case because he only learned about it on Wednesday.
He added that he was notified on Wednesday that the matter will be heard on Thursday, despite the fact that the hearing was scheduled for September 20.
The clerk of the court, on the other hand, indicated that all parties had been advised of the suit’s date.
The court, Justice Inyang Ekwo, voiced his unhappiness with the squabble over the case’s date and rescheduled the hearing for September 27.
The organisation had filed a lawsuit, FHC/ABJ/CS/177/2019, contesting Atiku Abubakar’s ability to run in the 2019 presidential election on the grounds that he was not a Nigerian citizen.
ALSO READ : President Buhari Makes Fresh Appointment
The organisation had asked the court to interpret the relevant articles of the constitution and declare Atiku ineligible to run for President of Nigeria because of his birth circumstances.
The complaint has also named as defendants the Peoples Democratic Party, the Independent National Electoral Commission, and the Attorney-General of the Federation.
# Atiku Abubakar citizenship suit hearing
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021