ASUU Strike Nigeria • FG Offers N65bn To ASUU For Earned Allowances
The Good news now is that the Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has offered a cumulative sum of N65 billion to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to address earned academic allowances and revitalization of universities.
This was made know by the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, on behalf of the government to the striking lecturers when they met on Friday in Abuja.
Informing reporters at the end of the meeting, he described the negotiation as fruitful as the government has decided to shift grounds on the lingering issues that have kept students out of the classroom for several months.
Ngige noted that in its bid to resolve the impasse with ASUU, the sum of N15 billion from the amount offered by the government would be for more funds to revitalize the universities.
READ ALSO : Ifeanyi Okereke’s Sister Cries Out Over Killing Of Her Brother By Femi Gbajabiamila’s Security Aide (Video)
He believed that the fund was in addition to the N20 billion paid earlier, making it a total of N35 billion committed as a revitalization fund by the government.
The minister gave an update on the visitation panel to the universities, noting that the panel would be inaugurated next week.
He also talked about the payment system, as the union had rejected the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) of the government.
Ngige noted that representatives of the government and ASUU met over the University Transparency Account System (UTAS) proposed by the union, but it was a work in progress.
He acknowledged that the Ministry of Labour and Employment, as well as the Ministry of Education, would use the previous payment platform of the government before it introduced IPPIS to pay the withheld salaries of the lecturers under strict monitoring.
The ASUU president, who also addressed reporters, acknowledged that the government has made some new offers to the union and some progress has been made.
He, nevertheless, said the union leaders would report to their organs and get back to the government on the position of their members.
# ASUU Strike Nigeria : FG Offers N65bn To ASUU
Similar Search Terms
asuu strike update today
asuu strike update
asuu strike update 2020 called off
asuu strike update today 2020 vanguard
asuu strike news
asuu strike 2020
asuu strike news today
asuu strike today
asuu strike called off
asuu strike latest
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]