Following the prolonged strike, the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has stated that a large number of its members are leaving the country to pursue careers abroad.
Professor Emmanuel Osodeke, the union’s national president, made the announcement on Thursday while fielding questions from journalists at Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
He bemoaned the Federal Government’s decision to seize the salaries of the striking lecturers because they went on strike, claiming that such a thing does not happen anywhere in the world.
“We don’t have a specific statistic, but a large number of our members have moved out of the country not because they dislike this country, but because of how they are treated,” he said.
“There is no country in the world where academics will go on strike, and you believe that seizing their salary is the best weapon.”
Remember that ASUU shut down public universities on February 14 due to the Federal Government’s failure to implement previous agreements reached by both parties.
That is the latest Naija News Today on ASUU STRIKE
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022