Kaduna State Governorship Petitions Tribunal, on Thursday, stopped a forensic professional summoned by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from testifying earlier than it because of the expiration of the 14-day timeline given to it to current witnesses.
The Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Ibrahim Bako, dominated that the witness had misplaced the correct to testify for the reason that 14 days given to the petitioners had lapsed, NAN experiences.
The witness was known as by the petitioners to offer professional proof towards the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on the paperwork used in the course of the March 9 Governorship ballot within the state.
The professional introduced by the PDP and its governorship candidate, Alhaji Isah Ashiru had confronted objections by counsel to INEC, Gov. Nasir el-Rufai and the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The counsel of their separate arguments advised the tribunal that they have been solely served with the witness’s statement shortly earlier than the session started.
They mentioned they wanted time to learn the statement to arrange for cross examination and utilized that the witness be halted from testifying.
Their objection was, nonetheless, rejected by counsel to PDP, Dr Paul Ananaba, who mentioned that the had knowledgeable the court of plans to subpoena forensic consultants.
Justice Bako, nonetheless, held that the witness misplaced the correct to offer his testimony as a result of the petitioners didn't current the statement throughout the stipulated time-frame.
Abdulhakeem Mustapha (SAN) Counsel to Gov. El-Rufai advised newsmen that the tribunal gave 14 days to the petitioners to current their witnesses.
“They advised the court that they have been going to subpoena lots of witnesses; they didn’t try this till this morning; the court was sitting after they served us with a witness statement.
“We objected to it and advised the court that within the spirit of honest hearing, that was overreaching as a result of we have been purported to have two days to review the witness’ statement and put together for cross examination.
“And the court agree with us that they were not diligent in prosecuting their case and the court overruled the witness from testifying,” Mustapha mentioned.
He added: ”We are able to open our protection.
“The place to begin is that the petitioners advised the court that it had 655 witnesses to current throughout the 14 days given to them by the court, however they have been solely in a position to name 135 witnesses and so they have closed their case to name witnesses.
“And as respondents, now we have subjected their witnesses to severe cross examination to check the veracity of their testimonies.
“What I can inform you is that respondents would current proof each oral and documentary to point out that the election was gained by Malam Nasir El-Rufai,“ he mentioned.
The counsel to the petitioners, Elisha Kurah, (SAN) advised journalists that the decision of the tribunal to cease their witness from testifying can be challenged on the Court of Appeal.
“So far we known as 135 witnesses and the witnesses lined many of the areas the place malpractices befell.
“The forensic professional got here and the court mentioned they'd not take him.
“We nonetheless consider that it was not a decision that was rightly taken. We are going to appeal the decision of the tribunal,“ Kurah mentioned.
The Justice Bako-led Tribunal had adjourned sitting to July 15 to take witnesses from El-Rufai, APC and INEC who're 1st, 2nd and third respondents within the petition respectively.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Job at Center for Civilians in Conflict, 22nd August 2019
- New Vacancies in a Leading Internet Finance Company in Lagos
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job for an IT Solutions Developer
- The Niger Basin Authority (NBA), Latest Recruitment 22nd August 2019
- Vacancy Announcement at The Kwara State Ministry of Water Resources, 22nd August 2019
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Latest Recruitment 2019
- Mass Recruitment at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), 21st August 2019
- A Reputable Construction Company in Northern Nigeria : Ongoing recruitment ( 5 states )
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 38
- Adamawa State 18
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 11
- Benue State 10
- Borno State 18
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 228
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 14
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1060
- Gombe State 11
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1544
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 11
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 10
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 13
- Lagos State 162
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1144
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 16
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 15
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 27
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 10
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9