- Aseyin of Iseyin Death latest news has emerged.
The Aseyin of Iseyin in the state of Oyo, Abdul-Ganiyu Salawudeen, has passed away.
The aseyin’s passing comes eight months after the deaths of four other traditional leaders in Oyo state.
Salawudeen passed away at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, according to a palace source who wished to remain anonymous. He was being treated there for an undisclosed illness.
“The king has reunited with his forebears. At the UCH, he passed away today, the source said.
He had been receiving treatment at the hospital for a while, and we had hoped he would benefit from it and go home.
The bad news is that we lost him. He passed away at 62 years old.
News about other Yoruba Leaders
Prior to the aseyin’s passing, Jimoh Oyewumi, the Soun of Ogbomoso, who was 95 years old, passed away on December 12, 2021; Abdul-Azeez Adewuyi, the Asigangan of Iganganland in the Ibarapa region of the state, followed the soun’s death.
Saliu Adetunji, the Olubadan of Ibadanland, passed away in January 2022, and Lamidi Adeyemi, the Alaafin of Oyo, was declared dead on April 23.
The Alaafin of Oyo reigned for 52 years before passing away at the age of 83.
Also Read Tobi Amusan wins 100m hurdles final in World Championships, breaks world record (Watch Video)
The late Aseyin was the 28th Aseyin of Iseyin and came to the throne in 2006.
He received his degree in veterinary medicine from the University of Ibadan in 1991.
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News