Pandemonium broke out on Wednesday night at Damasak Local Government Area of Borno as Nigerian soldiers and Boko Haram fighters engaged in fierce battle.
It was gathered that the attack started after the insurgents stormed the town to attack a military formation.
Military sources, however, hinted that they met stiff resistance from troops.
In terse statement, Brig.-Gen. Texas Chukwu, Director Army Public Relations, said that the troops were dealing with the terrorists.
Chukwu said “Troops of 145 Bn in Damasak, Borno State are engaging Boko Haram Terrorists who came to attack their location at about 6 p.m. this evening.
“Fierce battle is ongoing right now. The troops are dealing with the terrorists.”
As of the time of this report, details of the attack were yet to emerge.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited