Buhari’s resignation is demanded by the Archbishop over rising insecurity in Nigeria.
Most Rev. Emmanuel Chukwuma, Archbishop of Enugu Eccleciastical Province, Anglican Communion, requested President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to handle over power.
ALSO READ : Governor Impeached For Gross Misconduct
At a press conference to commemorate his 31st Episcopal ordination, Archbishop Chukwuma said the Buhari administration should step down if it is unable to pull the country out of its current security quagmire.
He said that Nigerians had lost all faith in Buhari’s government and that he should consider stepping down to prevent the country from devolving into a coup.
ALSO READ : AFRICOM : All You should Know As Shehu Sani faults Buhari’s call for AFRICOM Relocation to Africa
“We are calling on the government to declare a security emergency because things have gotten out of control, and if they can’t do anything about it, let them leave the government,” he said, lamenting the country’s never-ending security threats and killings.
“They can not bring this nation to the brink of a coup.”
“The Federal Government under Buhari has failed the country, and we have lost faith in them,” he continued.
“We have lost faith in the economy, we have lost faith in the political system, we have lost faith in government, and we have lost faith in stability, and something needs to be done.”
“If it is not done, I predict a revolution and it will be such that even the high and mighty will have no hiding place.”
The current National Assembly, according to the Archbishop, is the worst in the country’s history.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health