Sheriff Modu, APC Zonal Secretary Dumps Party for PDP
A former candidate for the state House of Assembly and Northeast Zonal Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Yusuf Sheriff Modu, better known by his APCstage as Sheriff Banki, has defected to the main opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, ahead of the 2023 general elections
In a letter dated August 16 and written to Alhaji Babagana Kulami, Chairman, Buduwa Bula Chira Banki, APC, Banki, Bama Local Government Area (LGA), Borno State, Banki revealed his plans.
He stated “personal reasons” for his choice and promised to “very effectively use” his APC expertise “in my next place”.
On Wednesday, Banki announced his resignation on his well-known Facebook page and added the following: “Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim.”
Read Also: Osun election: Adeleke wins Big in Court
“I’ve decided it’s time to start a new chapter in my life. I am aware that some of my supporters will be pleased and others will be unhappy. However, I made the right choice.
Banki’s defection has been met with conflicting responses. His supporters vowed to stick by him, but his detractors gloated at the development.
That is the latest Naija News Today on APC Zonal Secretary, Sheriff Modu Quits Party
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications