Adams Oshiomhole, the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Chairman, has said that any State Executive Committee of the party caught taking sides against any aspirant, group or individuals in the party’s governorship primary election on Saturday, will be dissolved.
He said this while handing over the party’s membership register to its state chairmen under the APC Forum of State Chairman on Wednesday, in Abuja.
He stressed that the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) had the power to disband any state executive that failed to represent the party’s interest without giving reason.
Oshiomhole urged state executives not to confuse the business of the state with their personal preferences, adding that they must create a level playing field for all aspirants and not to allow themselves to be used by political big wigs in their respective states.
“If you do that, and it is not going to be secret, we will, without any hesitation disband the entire executive.
“The NWC has the power without giving reasons to disband any executive, which in its opinion is no longer fit and competent to represent the party in respective states.
“There is only one party known to law, and that is the APC, so, please, resist any temptation.
“We have seen embarrassment where people go on television canvassing positions of their governors or declaring one person as the sole candidate.
“You don’t have those powers, and if you do so, not only can you be dissolved, you can be prosecuted for breach of oath of office and oath of allegiance to the APC,” Oshiomhole said.
He urged the party’s state chairmen to remain neutral and be seen to be neutral, even when they had their preferences as human beings.
“State chairmen are stewards of the party and not owners; the party belongs to the members. No one should tamper with the register being handed over to them, or destroys it.
“If anybody thinks if you destroy what you have, you would have destroyed the evidence, you only would have implicated yourself.
“Because we have it stored in flash drive and can always reproduce, but then you would have come under sanction.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates