Governor Adegboyega Oyetola and his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), on Friday filed a petition before the Election Petition Tribunal sitting at the State High Court, Osogbo, in response to the results of the governorship election in Osun held on July 16.
The petitioners, who were looking for justice, asked the Tribunal to restore their authority after contesting the election results in some Local Government Areas.
- Nigeria Newspapers: 10 Latest News Headlines in Nigeria Today 6th Of August, 2022
- Dollar to Naira Black Market Rate Today Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Labour Party Governorship Candidate Arrested In Abuja
The first petitioner, Governor Oyetola, was present in person at the Tribunal to sign the petition that was submitted there.
Remember that Governor Adegboyega Oyetola received 375,027 votes, while Senator Ademola Adeleke received 403,271 votes, according to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which declared Adeleke the winner of the July 16 governorship election.
One of the petitioners’ counsels, Mr. Kunle Adegoke (SAN), spoke to the media shortly after the petition was filed and expressed confidence in the petition’s core arguments to support Governor Oyetola and the ruling party.
“We are here to file a petition regarding the State’s July 16 governorship election on behalf of Governor Adegboyega Oyetola and the All Progressives Congress (APC). The petition has been submitted, and the tribunal’s registry has received it.
That is the latest Naija News Today on Governor Oyetola Adegboyega
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News