The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has distanced the party from the fight between Christian community, especially the Catholic Church in Imo State and Governor Rochas Okorocha.
Oshiomhole told Archbishop Anthony Obinna of the Owerri Arch diocese and the entire Christian community in Imo State on Saturday that the APC was not party to what he described as the lack of respect exhibited against the church by Okorocha.
Oshiomhole stressed that “Governor Rochas Okorocha’s personal battle with the Christian community in Imo State is a matter between him and the Catholic Church. We in APC, we are not party to that. We do not want our party to be dragged into such contestation because it will not be helpful to us. Our road to power is election by the people, we cannot antagonise the people.
“Even the ordinary man in Imo is entitled to respect not to talk of the leaders of the Christian community. And so, we distance ourselves from all of those things that Rochas has done which some times has been a source of huge embarrassment to our party which sometimes we have been able to manage in-house. So, I sincerely apologise to Bishop Obinna and Christians in Imo State.”
He said the party will utilise the allegations which bothers on the integrity of the former Vice President, made against him by his former boss, Obasanjo, in nailing Alhaji Atiku at the polls, adding that the former Vice President will be defeated by the APC.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021