The Edo Peoples Movement, a faction of the ruling All Progressives Congress in the state, on Wednesday announced the suspension of Governor Godwin Obaseki; his deputy, Philip Shaibu; and the Secretary to the State Government, Ogie Osarodion.
Announcing the suspension at an enlarged meeting and press briefing held at the residence of Gen. Charles Airhiavbere in Benin, Mr. Patrick Ikahriale who read the speech on behalf of EPM said, “Governor Obaseki, his deputy, Phillip Shuaibu; Anslem Ojezua and Osarodion Ogie (SSG), from available information from top leaders of the PDP, have concluded plans to defect from the APC and seek re-election on that platform.
“For us the authentic APC stakeholders in Edo State, we wholeheartedly denounce such.
“We wish to state that at the appropriate time, the APC National Working Committee will initiate the process of party primaries for the selection of the party’s gubernatorial candidate.
“We will abide by the guidelines for such primaries as the constitution of the party vests the responsibility of conducting primaries on the NWC.
“We are prepared to give every aspirant equal opportunity to test their popularity. We will resist any attempt to close the political space,” Ikahriake said.
“Consequently, we hereby suspend Governor Godwin Obaseki, Hon Phillip Shuaibu and Barr. Osarodion Ogie from the party for anti-party activities and urge the National Working Committee to set the machinery in motion for further disciplinary action against them,” he added
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )