THE 19 aspirants have been booted out of the race for various offices at the forthcoming national convention of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the screening Appeal Committee has stated.
The committee, however, said their cases would be reviewed strictly on merit.
It added it has received 16 petitions from party members against disqualification or some of the aspirants the committee screened.
Chairman of the Appeals Subcommittee, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, told newsmen during one of the sittings of the committee yesterday it has not received any petition against any of those aspiring for the offices of the national chairman and national secretary.
He disclosed that the committee hopes to submit its final report to the convention committee tomorrow, adding that aside petitions against some of the aspirants, there was one general petition demanding for justice.
The Imo State governor added, the petitioner wanted to know if members of the National Working Committee can be judged in their own cases having presided over the various congresses.
According to him: “We have started receiving petitions and appeals. Right now, we have seven aspirants here.
“We have resolved to give everyone a fair hearing so that justice, equity and fairness will prevail so that we prevent crisis in the party.
“We are carefully selected Nigerians from all works of life from different states that constitute membership of this committee.
“We have two days to do this job and we will be submitting our report by Monday barring any other reason. We are here to work all day and all night and take our decision.
“The screening appeal is the final appeal in this case. After this appeal committee, the next appeal will be after election appeal which will come after the convention.”
He added: “We are unmindful of the fact the convention committee will need time to start printing of ballot papers for the convention and so, we will ensure that we complete this job on time.
“So far, we have about 18 petitions before us and we have 19 persons that did not make it at the screening level.
“These are the things we are looking to see the merit or otherwise of their claims. We are going to use the screening committee report as a major guide to what we are doing.
“As soon as we are through with this, we are going to make it known to the public those who have succeeded at the appeals committee level.”
Biafra Co-ordinator found dead in his Bedroom (PHOTOS)
On those who were petitioned against, he said: “Of course we have petitions against all other positions except that of the national chairman and national secretary.”
On whether the committee has powers to disqualify those already screened and qualified, he said: “Yes, if you don’t make the appeal screening, you are disqualified because there is no other appeal after this.
“If the appeals committee upholds the position of the screening on the 19 persons, it means they have been disqualified from contesting the election.
“If there is anybody who has been screened and there is a petition against him, we have powers to uphold his qualification or disqualify him based on the merits of the petition.”
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Supreme Court takes decision on PDP’s INEC server claim
- EFCC denies raiding Akinwunmi Ambode’s residence
- I will lift not less than 100 million Nigerians from poverty – Buhari Boast
- Angry ‘side chick’ burns down the house of her ‘boo’ after he called her for intimacy at 4am but slept off before she arrived
- Miracle !! Woman Alleged kidney stones Patient gave birth to triplets
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 227
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 13
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1030
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1514
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 147
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1114
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9