The APC has changed the dates for all primaries.
Ejes Gist Newspaper reports that the APC has announced a new date for its presidential and other primary elections.
This was stated in a statement signed by Felix Morka, the party’s National Publicity Secretary.
‘APC adjusts schedule of activities for 2023 primary elections,’ read the statement.
The party’s National Working Committee approved the new dates at its meeting on Wednesday, he said.
The presidential primary will be held on May 29, 2022, according to Morka.
The statement reads;
“The National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress on Wednesday, 18th of May, 2022, approved an adjusted Timetable/Schedule of Activities for the Governorship, State House of Assembly, House of Representatives, Senate and Presidential primaries and appeals as follows:
- Governorship and House of Representatives – Thursday, 26th of May, 2022.
- “Senate and House of Assembly – Friday, 27th of May, 2022.
- “For election appeals: Governorship and House of Representatives – Friday, 27th of May, 2022.
- “Senate and House of Assembly – Saturday, 28th of May, 2022.
- Special convention for presidential primaries holds Sunday 29th – Monday, 30th of May, 2022.”