Nathan Sharibu, the father of Leah Sharibu who was abducted by Boko Haram alongside over 100 schoolgirls in Dapchi community of Yobe State in February 2018, has blamed the federal government over his daughter’s continuous stay in captivity.
The emotional father of the abducted schoolgirl who spoke to Channels Television in commemoration of his daughter’s two years in captivity on Tuesday, February 18, reminded President Buhari of his promise of ensuring that his daughter returns home.
“It is due to their lapses that my daughter is spending two years in captivity, and there is no assurance up till now.
“I have a special message for him. Mr Buhari, who is the Nigerian President, is a father and he is a grandfather; his administration has assured us the family that they would do their possible best to ensure that my daughter is released.
“He also promised the nation and almost promised the whole world that his administration will do its possible best to ensure that those in captivity are released.
“So, I’m pleading with him now to fulfil his promise; I’m begging him.”
Nathan Sharibu also disclosed that his daughter’s abduction had left his family in distress as his wife has been in and out of hospitals almost every week.
He also said that the Nigerian government is yet to contact him after Minister for Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed and other two ministers visited his family in October 2018.
“Personally, the Federal Government has not contacted me, except in October 2018 when the Minister for Information and Culture and other two ministers came to my house in Dapchi, to represent the President himself, to commiserate with us and assured that the administration is doing its possible best to ensure that my daughter returns home safely.
“Since then, I did not hear anything from them up till this time, no result at all. I am 100 per cent assured that my daughter is still alive, and one day, she will come home safely.”
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International