BY OMIRAGUA STANLEY IKPENI
Nigerian polytechnic students went to the polls on Saturday,
November 30, 2019 to elect a national leadership that would run their affairs for the 2019/2020 Session.
The elections, which saw Comr. Anidi Samuel emerging Vice President
courtesy of a landslide victory, was held in Benin City, capital of Edo State.
The keenly contested polls also had other students elected
into the national executive of the National Association of
Polytechnic Students, NAPS.
Comr. Adekanbi Sunday, a Chemical Engineering student of Kaduna Polytechnic, emerged President, and Comr. Anidi Samuel Vice President External Affairs, other students elected to pilot the affairs of the Polytechnic student body include:
- Dio Oghale Emeka Rex – President of the Senate
- Comrade Ibrahim Adams Isiaiah- Deputy Senate President
- Comrade Abiola Collins Chinedu – National vice President
south east, and
- Comrade Abdulmajeed Oyeniyi, of the Federal Cooperative College and convention chairman who coordinated the election process, told Nigerian Times that it was important to ensure that the process was devoid of any form of rancour for the sake of credibility, transparency, and accountability.
The newly elected executive committee members said that they
are committed to working towards making it impossible for corruption and graft
to take over the affairs of the student body.
“We will work to improve the welfare of Polytechnic students across Nigeria and make it possible for students in Polytechnic in Nigeria are represented in all decision-making points in and around Nigeria”, Adekanbi told journalists moments after he was elected president of NAPS
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]