The incident occurred on Tuesday, shortly after a young man was killed by a police officer.
Some enraged youths in Imo State have set fire to the Area Divisional Police Headquarters in Ishinweke, which is part of the Ihitte/Uboma Local Government Area.
The incident occurred on Tuesday morning, shortly after a young man was killed by a police officer.
Two other cops were injured in the incident, according to the Punch.
When contacted, Orlando Ikeokwu, a state police spokesperson, confirmed the incident.
- Dangote Group Latest Job Employment Opportunities ( 11 Positions )
- Massive Recruitment at Marriott International
- Massive Recruitment at the Bauchi State Ministry of Health
- Workforce Group Job Recruitment
- Job Recruitment at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Teller Recruitment
The police officers who went to make an arrest in the area, according to Ikeokwu, were assaulted by the youths.
He also stated that two police officers were injured, and that the youths were able to free a suspect.
According to the PPRO, one of the youths was hit by a stray bullet and died later in hospital.
More police officers had been dispatched to the station, according to Ikeokwu, who also stated that the state Commissioner of Police, Narisu Muhammed, had ordered an investigation into the arson and manslaughter incident.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited