A 29-year-old Woman identified as Taija Russell, has been arrested and accused of burning a man’s house after he invited her over for late-night sex, then fell asleep before she arrived.
Taija was arrested Tuesday in connection with a fire that destroyed a home earlier this month, said Woodbury police.
Police accuse Russell of sending a series of angry texts to her ‘man’ before she burned his house. Some of the texts she sent on the night of the incident includes, “You wasted my money to come out here,” “U smoked,” “I see you wanna die,” and “I swear to god I hope you die,” police said.
PAY ATTENTION TO : I will lift not less than 100 million Nigerians from poverty – Buhari Boast
The man told police he’d invited Russell to his home “and stated that she was a ‘side chick’ whom he had been having a sexual relationship with”. The victim woke up around 4:30 a.m. to find flames blocking the exit from his smoke-filled residence. He escaped by physically removing a window frame and climbing through the opening, police said.
Surveillance video captures Russell buying matches, a lighter and lighter fluid from a local gas station. From there, another camera shows her knocking on his door around 4 a.m. Russell is being held on charges of attempted murder, aggravated arson, endangering and criminal mischief.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021