By Nwabueze Okonkwo
EXCITED by the Federal Government’s plan to build a modular refinery in Anambra State, the people of Anaku community in Ayamelum Local Government Area of the state have donated a large expanse of land estimated at 20 plots of land for the project.
A member of Board of Trustees, BoT of Anambra State chapter of Host Communities Producing Oil and Gas, HOSCON, Mr Joseph Obidigwe who stated this in Awka, while briefing the National Chairman of HOSCON, Prince Mike Emuh, explained that he convinced Anaku land owners to donate land for the project.
Obidigwe noted that the community was ready to donate more land if the 20 plots would not be enough for the project because according to them, there is abundant oil deposits in the area to be tapped and refined for both export and local consumption, adding that they are looking forward for the take off of the project in earnest.
The state Chairman of HOSCON, Anthony Chiokwe and his deputy, Anene Onyilegbe Gregory, had explained that they have gone round the state and discovered that more than 50 oil wells in about 12 oil producing communities of the state abound in commercial quantities and waiting to be tapped, as applicable in other oil producing states.
Chiokwe and Onyilegbe stated that Aguleri alone has about 26 oil wells, while Ogwu-Ikpelle has as much as 16 oil wells, just like Ogwu-Aniocha has five wells, Anaku has nine wells, Umerum, three wells, two wells in Abagana, while Okija and Umunnachi wells were said to have been overflown and are currently spilling.
The National HOSCON Chairman, Emuh identified economic recession, disunity, ignorance and boundary disputes between Anambra State and its sister states as some of the major factors that deprived the state of its 13 percent oil revenue derivation, since former President Goodluck Jonathan declared it an oil producing state in 2012.
He lamented that the state, unlike other oil producing states, is losing about N30 million daily since six years after the presidential declaration of the state as an oil producing state because either by omission or commission, the 13 percent derivation formula has not been gazetted by the appropriate government agencies.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august