Following the Abolishment of Almajiri system in Kaduna State by Governor El-Rufai, the Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has also abolished Almajiri system in Kano State for life, after more children test positive to COVID-19.
Ganduje, disclosed this at a media briefing in Kano. He said the system of Almajiri system has been totally abolished in the state.
This is coming after the state government revealed that 28 out of the repatriated Almajiri children to the state tested positive to the highly contagious Coronavirus disease and have been quarantined at isolation centre for necessary medications.
The governor explained that if an Almajiri system would be allowed in Kano, there are guidelines which if followed they will allow for it to continue. He said:
“there is no doubt managing the Eid El Fitr under COVID-19 was not an easy task, but we have to appreciate that the Friday prayers and the Eid prayers on Sunday were conducted peacefully.
“The Imams ensured that people complied with the COVID-19 protocols during Friday prayers and the Eid prayers. I was impressed to have learnt that most Imams did not allow their who came without face masks to enter the Mosque.”
The guidelines according to Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, include having a curriculum that tallies with a formal school system, there must be a provision for Almajiri in terms of their full shelter, foods, clothing and all other necessary livelihoods.
Ganduje added that if Almajiri system will continue, there must be qualified teachers who will be certified by the government through test and examinations.
However, recall that over 1000 Almajirai have so far been repatriated to Kano from various states across the North, while Kano has evacuated about 1172 Almajarai to neighbouring northern states.
As it stands now Almajiri System In Kano State has come to an end.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff