Well known chieftain of the ruling party in Abia state PDP, Lawrence Ohaeri, has been remanded to Afara prison for alleged defiling a ten year old girl.
Ohaeri, alleged defiled one Miss Uloaku Onyekwere (10 year old), an indigene of Umuana Ndume Ibeku in Umuahia North local government area of Abia.
It was alleged that “Lawrence Ohaeri ‘M’ on the 18th of September, 2019 at Umuahia Ndume in Umuahia North magisterial District unlawfully had sexual intercourse with a child named Uloaku Onyekwere aged ten years and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 32(2) of the Abia state Child’s Right Law, 2006.”
During questions by the Chief Magistrate, Linda Ugbaja, the victim Uloaku Onyekwere, narrated that she was at home with her brother Chimaobi and another relation Chigoziri of same age when Ohaeri called them to help him sweep his house and compound. She said while they where sweeping, Ohaeri gave Chigoziri five hundred naira to buy bread while the brother was outside.
She said she was still sweeping one of the rooms when Ohaeri came, grabbed her from the back, removed her pant and forced himself on her.
She said her scream made her brother Chimaobi rush inside and later called her father before the matter was reported to Word Bank police station Umuahia and she was examined by a doctor.
Further during questioning by the magistrate, the elder brother to the victim, Chimaobi Onyekwere, 12 years old, who is a witness said he was outside when he heard her sister screaming.
“I rushed inside the house and I saw brother on top of my sister before I ran to call my father,” he said.
Meanwhile, the father of the alleged raped girl, Mr Onyekwere Nmeregini, a tricycle driver, called for justice for her daughter.
He said when he confronted Ohaeri, he denied the allegation, followed him down to his house screaming and threatened to deal with him for falsely accusing him.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]