All early flights to Nnamdi Aziiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja, have been cancelled over overshooting of the runway by a chartered plane. A Gulfstream plane belonging to Skybird Airline with the registration quantity 5N-BOD overshot the runway on Wednesday night time, thereby main to the closure of the runway by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
As of the time of submitting this report, the rationale for overshooting the runway by the plane was unknown and the airport authorities have been nonetheless battling to take away the plane from the runway. However, passengers who had hoped to depart Lagos for Abuja have been stranded on the airport, as all flights into the Federal Capital Territory have been cancelled.
Hordes of passengers have been seen on the Murtala Muhammed Airport Two (MMA2), Lagos and the General Aviation Terminal (GAT). Virtually all of the native airways have early-morning flights out of Lagos whereas Dana Air launched 7am flight out of Abuja to Lagos simply on Monday.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021