Federal Civil Service Recruitments banned
The Federal Government has placed an embargo on all recruitments into its civil service.
The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, disclosed this while speaking with journalists after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday.
She said the federal government would continue to pay salaries and would not sack workers but place embargo on recruitment exercises and replacement. “On recruitment, there is already an instruction to stop recruitment.
What the agencies have been doing is a replacement, but even that is being suspended. When things improve, we will go back to the issue of recruitment. But for now, our wage bill is already very high.
“The president has directed that salaries and pensions must be paid unfailingly. So, we are not looking at downsizing in any way. We are maintaining our workforce as it is. But we are just stopping the increase in the size of the nominal roll,” the minister said.
Mrs. Ahmed also spoke on several measures approved by the FEC to cushion the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic on the nation’s economy.
She said it included the introduction of the PMS price modulation mechanism, the cutting down on the size of the federally funded upstream projects of the petroleum sector, and the reduction of the crude oil price from the $57 per barrel budgeted to $30.
The measures also included the amendment of budget projections so that the Medium Term Expenditure Framework reflects the current realities, the cutting down of expenditures, the enhancement of production at the minimum 2.18 million barrels, the adjustment of customs revenue, the review of the modalities for the implementation of the social investment program and the non-essential tax waivers to realize more revenue.
Source: Wee Talk Naija
Pay Attention To:
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited