Arsenal Confirm Signing Albert Lokonga From Belgian Side Anderlecht
Arsenal has finalised the signing of Albert Sambi Lokonga from Belgian top flight RSC Anderlecht on a long-term contract.
Albert Sambi Lokonga rose through the ranks of the Belgian club’s first squad after joining as a 15-year-old in 2014 and receiving his first professional contract three years later, when he was 18.
Anderlecht’s 21-year-old midfielder made his first-team debut in December of that year and has been a fixture in their lineup for the past two seasons, making a total of 78 games since that start in 2017.
Even though Lokonga was an unused substitute against Greece in his first senior professional cap for Belgium, he was featured as one of Belgium’s Under-21 international players before being promoted to the senior level in March 2021.
Edu, the Emirates club’s Technical Director, was delighted to welcome the Belgian onto the group. “We are thrilled Albert has signed with us because there was a lot of interest in him and he was a significant target for us,” he said.
“Albert is a player we’ve been watching for a while, and he’ll give us depth in the middle of the field. We are forward to see how he develops with us in the future.”
Thanks for reading about Albert Sambi Lokonga
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment