The Nigerian Army 6 Division has denied the allegations that soldiers from the 3 Battalion in Effurun shot dead nine persons in Aladja community during its renewed clash with Ogbe-Ijoh people.
The Army Spokesman of the Nigerian Army, 6 Division, Port Harcourt, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, denied the allegation on Tuesday.
Col. Iliyasu in a telephone chat said the claims of extra-judicial killings by its in Aladja Community were false and an attempt to blackmail the army.
He said no soldier from 3 Battalion, Effurun on duty to restore peace in the troubled era, fired a bullet, despite the provocations as well as armed attack from Aladja youths, who had barricaded the only access road through their town to Ogbe-Ijoh.
“There was nothing like those claims by the Aladja community, rather the people, having barricaded the access through their town with heavy metals and all sorts of materials and vehicles, started raining stones and firing at the troops that were sent to calm the situation down.
“While that was going on, the Commanding Officer (Rear) of the 3 Battalion had to put a call through to the State Governor to hear what was going on. You can call the Governor to confirm this.
“Besides that, the Chairman of their Local Government Area (Udu) was also with the troops while this was happening, you can call him to confirm if what his people were alleging has any truth in it.
“Despite all the provocation and even the fact that the people of the community were firing live bullets at the troops, the Commanding Officer ensured that not one shot was fired from his men.
“If they claim that men of the Nigerian Army shot at them or killed anybody, you should ask them for the corpses or the identities of those killed.”
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)