US kills Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri in drone strike
Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri killed by US drone strike in Afghanistan, US media reports.
Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has been killed by a US airstrike in Afghanistan, according to US media reports.
A senior administration official told reporters that “over the weekend, the United States conducted a counterterrorism operation against a significant Al Qaeda target in Afghanistan. The operation was successful and there were no civilian casualties.”
At 12.30am UK time, US President Joe Biden is scheduled to address the nation.
During the weekend, the United States carried out a counterterrorism operation against a significant Al Qaeda target in Afghanistan, according to a senior official in his administration.
“The operation was a success, and no civilians were hurt.”
Since the US assassinated Osama bin Laden, the militant group’s founder, in 2011, the loss of al-Zawahiri would be its greatest setback.
On Sunday, the CIA carried out a drone strike in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, according to a US official who spoke on the record under the condition of anonymity.
Pay Attention To
- Happy new month messages and wishes for August 2022 (Top 100)
- 120+ Happy New Month Messages And Wishes For August 2022
- Happy New Month of August 2022 Messages, Wishes, Prayers and Quotes for now
Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the Taliban, confirmed that a strike had occurred and vehemently denounced it as a breach of “international principles.”
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines