The Court of Appeal sitting in Calabar, Cross River state, has ordered a rerun election in Akwa Ibom north-west senatorial district which Minister of Niger Delta Godswill Akpabio contested with Senator Chris Ekpeyong.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had declared Ekpeyong, a former deputy governor, who contested under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), winner of the election however Akapbio filed a petition in opposition to his victory on the tribunal.
READ ALSO : Tension In Awka As Another Fuel Tanker Falls
He had requested the tribunal to put aside Ekpenyong’s election, alleging that it was marred by irregularities.
But describing the petition as “lacking in merit”, the tribunal mentioned the petitioner failed to show that he gained the election as effectively as failed to current convincing proof of non-compliance with electoral act as raised in his petition.
Dissatisfied with the decision of the tribunal, he headed to the appellate court.
In its ruling on Saturday, the Court ordered a rerun election in Essien Udim native authorities, the place Akapbio hails from.
The court dominated that the rerun should maintain inside 90 days.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022