First lady, Aisha Buhari, is currently the number one trending topic on Nigerian Twitter after she took to the platform to ask the Mohammed Adamu, inspector general of police (IGP), to release her aides from detention.
According to SaharaReporters, Sabiu Yusuf, a nephew to President Buhari who also serves as one of his Personal Assistant, had traveled from Lagos to Abuja on Monday, June 8 and drove straight to the villa where he resides but he was denied access by the aides of the first lady who insisted he goes into self-isolation at a different location since he was returning from Lagos which is the epicenter of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
Yusuf allegedly refused and got the police to arrest the aides of the first lady.
Mrs. Buhari took to Twitter last night to ask the IG to release her aides. In her tweets, the first lady said those who travel during the COVID-19 interstate restrictions are meant to undergo 14-day mandatory isolation period as prescribed by the quarantine act. She added that no one is above the law.
“That Covid-19 is real and still very much around in our nation is not in doubt. Consequently, I call on all relevant Government Agencies to enforce the Quarantine Act signed by Mr. President and ensure no one is found violating this law and the NCDC guidelines especially on interstate travel without the necessary exemptions for movement of essentials,” she said.
Anyone who does that should at the very least be made to under go a 14 days mandatory isolation no matter who the person is, no one should be above the law and the Police command will do well to remember that.
ALSO READ : Hushpuppi to be extradited to Nigeria — Interpol
Finally, I call on the IGP to release my assigned Staff who are still in the custody of the Police in order to avoid putting their lives in danger or exposure to Covid-19 while in their custody.” she tweeted
Nigerians have taken to Twitter to react to her tweets. Many accused her of speaking up only when the issue concerns her but silent when it is about others. They accused the first lady of not speaking up when everyone condemned the rape and murder of UNIBEN student, Uwaila Omozuwa. Read their tweets below
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff