The Wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari has called for collaboration between Muslims and Christians in tackling the menace of sex abuse in Nigerian universities, workplaces and families.
Aisha made this call at a Public lecture with the theme “Life of an Ideal Muslim in Public Office,’’ organised by the Aisha Buhari Foundation on Saturday at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa.NAN reports
She warned youths to stick to Islamic way of life in order not to be led astray by some leaders they looked up to.
The Wife of the President tasked the Jama’atu Nasril Islam and the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs to work towards coming up with a code of conduct for Nigerian Muslims.
“I will like to plead with the two notable bodies- that is the Jama’atu Nasril Islam and the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs to work together to fine-tune the way of life of an ideal Muslim; to make it compulsory for all Nigerian Muslims to follow a specified way of life.
“We have to implement. It not just reading the Koran and fail to implement either because of politics or societal intimidation.
“It is high time we set a standard for every Muslim in Nigeria; the Supreme Council has started working on something; very soon, we are going to have a workshop that will bring all Nigerian Muslims together and to come up with a specific way of life for every Nigerian Muslim.
“I will also like to plead with the two bodies to work hand in hand with the other religion in Nigeria –Christianity to see how we can tackle sex abuse that is going on in universities; in the workplace and within families where the family members tend to keep quiet because of stigma or other things.
“We suppose to use both religions to fight against it,‘’ she said.
Source: daily Post
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)