Cuso International is a North American popular international improvement company that deals with volunteers to eliminate difficulty, running in Nigeria for more than 60 years.
We are employing to fill the position noted below:
RELATED JOBS : Job for Livelihood Field Officer at Cuso International
Job Title: Agricultural Field Officer
Location: Ogoja, Cross River State
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Cuso International, a Canadian advancement NGO, is carrying out a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) supported task in Cross River and Benue States called Livelihood Enhancement in refugee settlements and in Refugee Holding Communities in Cross River and Benue States – (B-LIVER) which intends to enhance incomes, boost earnings generation and self-reliance through sustainable business advancement for Cameroonian refugees and host neighborhood members in Cross River and Benue States.
- This will be accomplished through the application of income interventions covering professional and technical trainings, establishing of farm centers, entrepreneurship and organisation management, life abilities and access to agricultural / animals / fisheries production.
- Under the guidance of Food Security and Livelihood Manager, the Agricultural Field Officer is accountable for the coordination and application of all agricultural activities within the task in accordance with best practices of the program.
- The Agric Field Officer is the main intermediary with Agric departments of the federal government and neighborhoods at the field workplace level. The position needs comprehensive field work and motion in task areas in Cross River and Benue States.
- Provide assistance in the application ofa robust incomes and food security interventions;
- Interface and assistance program employee in task application and guarantee workplan is followed carefully;
- Actively participate in the recipient choice process under the assistance of Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Program Manager and/Programme Team Leader;
- Support the FSL Manager in the style of numerous income trainings and supply essential technical assistance in the facility of Farmer Field Schools;
- Identify, focus on and support neighborhoods to carry out possible income techniques that are less conscious existing and possible risks and resistant to catastrophes;
- Support the FSL Manager in the recognition of websites for agric/farmers center and supply technical oversite for the facility of farms;
- Establish and manage consultative procedures in between Farmer structures and target neighborhoods to recognize, suggest, style, and establish tasks for assistance;
- Identify possible beneficiaries/locations for task intervention and work towards resolving their needs according to program policy.
- Serve as point of contact to all appropriate federal government departments and agents, neighborhood and tribal leaders, local companies and other partners.
- Establish and manage the consultative procedures with concerns to access to land for farming, as well as get involved in the tracking of task application at the website,
- Monitor and report to senior management on task activities;
- Oversee the upkeep and submission of task management tools to guarantee quality application of all farming tasks and activities in prompt style;
- Submit program-related reports as needed; and
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Project Team in order to collaborate and make the most of the performance of the task activities;
- Actively add to the effective tracking and examination of the task;
- Participate actively in the application of the task agricultural technique;
- Share appropriate info with Project Team members on a continuous basis; and
- Participate actively in the Project Team conferences and activities.
- Manage assigned budget plan in compliance with the treatments and policies of Cuso International; and
- Inform and encourage the FSL Project Manager on task tactical instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agric Engineering Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development or associated field needed; Master’s degree is preferable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in farming task management, consisting of style, advancement and oversight of small rural farming tasks;
- Knowledge in crop production, extension, aquaculture, veggie gardening, animals management, processing and establishing of Farmer Field Schools;
- Extensive experience in neighborhood involvement and consultative-implementation techniques;
- Possesses the understanding and experience stakeholder engagement;
- In-depth understanding of city government, culture and customs;
- Creativity and analytical capability to style and carry out farming tasks in a tough environment;
- Ability to handle several jobs and work under pressure in difficult environments;
- Experience carrying out donor-funded tasks chosen specifically donors such as UNHCR, WFP, FAO etc; and
- Excellent interaction and discussion abilities preferred.
- Previous work experience in Cross River and Benue states;
- Interest and/or understanding of international advancement concerns, consisting of humanitarian concerns; and
- Previous experience operating in an international volunteer sending out organization in Africa usually, and Nigeria particularly.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and certified prospects should:
Click here to apply online