Photo credit: Daily Post
Oja Tuntun, one of the biggest markets in Ile-Ife, Osun State, has been razed by a midnight inferno on Tuesday which destroyed millions of goods.
The fire, as it was gathered started around 11:30 pm on Tuesday from a shop and spread to other parts of the market.
As at the time of this report, the cause of the incident is yet to be ascertained.
It was gathered that the inferno was the third fire incident in the market in 2020.
A source told our correspondent that late response from the fire service also contributed to the spread of the fire and caused more destruction.
Meanwhile, it was also learnt that hoodlums took advantage of the incident to loot goods in some stores.
The spokesperson of the Federal Fire Service in Osun State, Basiri Adija, did not respond to calls and text messages sent to her.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022