African Union (AU) suspends Guinea following coup.
Guinea was suspended by the African Union on Friday following a coup in which the country’s president, Alpha Conde, was detained.
Read Also : What Buhari Said About IPOB, Will Shock You
“decides to suspend the Republic of Guinea from all AU activities and decision-making bodies” the pan-African body said on Twitter.
Guinean special forces seized power on Sunday and detained Conde, who had come under increasing criticism for his alleged authoritarianism.
On Sunday, the African Union condemned the military coup and demanded Conde’s release. Conde was the country’s first democratically elected president in 2010.
Read Also : Your Trouser Looks Like What You Did To Nigerian Economy’ – Buhari’s Outfit To Imo , Sparks Serious Debate
Guinea was suspended after the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) took a similar step on Wednesday, sending a mission to the country to assess the situation.
The African Union’s Political Affairs, Peace and Security Council urged AU Commission President Moussa Faki to “engage with stakeholders in the region” on the crisis.
Tags : African Union Suspends Guinea , coup
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)