The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the main African reinsurance firm with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional places of work: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding comprising 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance coverage and reinsurance corporations and three non-regional shareholders, together with main world insurers and reinsurers. The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP)
- Every year, profitable candidates for the Young Professionals Programme will bear a one-year coaching programme with a “stretch / learning assignment” in-built, the place they are going to acquire worthwhile on-the-job expertise. They will bear an intensive 9 months’ on-line coaching on a specifically designed package deal specializing in Reinsurance, Leadership and Management topics. The coaching programme can be run in English and French.
- Successful candidates will then be gathered for one week in Lagos or in one other metropolis the place Africa Re has an workplace to conclude the coaching and for the commencement ceremony. During the one week face- to- face coaching, members can be divided into groups. Each staff can be requested to current a paper of no more than 5 pages on how they count on to affect their respective organizations within the areas of coaching, data and expertise acquisition in the event that they assume positions of authority.
The programme is predicted to positively impression members to:
- Understand the reinsurance trade and their future missions with regard to robust management, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive strategy to competitors within the African reinsurance markets by lowering some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism;
- Develop / enhance inside operations processes (client servicing, claims dealing with, and so forth.);
- Contribute to market analysis and segmentation for low revenue purchasers, and develop merchandise for the lots as a way to improve insurance coverage penetration;
- Contribute to the development of dependable database of re/insurance coverage market statistics.
- The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is a web based coaching academically designed by the London School of Insurance at the side of Africa Re to meet its mission to foster the event of the insurance coverage and reinsurance trade in Africa.
- The goal of this annual on-line coaching programme is to supply good graduates the opportunity of accelerated profession improvement thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance coverage and reinsurance sector.
- The insurance coverage programme is a place to begin for an thrilling profession within the trade. Candidates who’re profitable for the Young Professionals Programme will bear a coaching programme on a yearly foundation with a “stretch/learning assignment” in-built, the place worthwhile on-the- job expertise can be gained.
- A profession can be constructed by the YIPP trainee by buying data and competencies by means of a singular mixture of on-the-job expertise and a devoted on-line coaching programme in insurance coverage, reinsurance, management and administration modules.
- At the tip of this programme, it’s anticipated that members would have been positively impacted to know the Reinsurance trade and their future missions with regard to robust management, governance and accountability;
- Participants will be capable of cut back some poor practices and approaches through creating a constructive strategy to competitors within the African reinsurance markets and enhance professionalism.
Minimum necessities for eligibility:
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equal;
- Access to the web;
- Excellent written and oral communication expertise in English and/or French.
- Relevant work expertise in an insurance coverage or reinsurance firm, insurance coverage broking agency or different associated fields;
- Africa Re will sponsor the highest ten younger professionals, who efficiently full the YIPP programme, to one of many main insurance coverage/reinsurance occasions in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificates of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated profession improvement within the trade.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click Here to Fill Application Form
To make the method of enrollment as straightforward as doable, please discover beneath an inventory of the paperwork you’ll need to produce as a part of the application course of. Have these able to add earlier than you begin the method.
Submission of Applications:
- Please fill the shape by means of the hyperlink above.
- Upload supporting paperwork:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Reference Form
- Passport Photo
Important Information / Notice
- Once you’ve gotten submitted your application, you’ll obtain a affirmation by e-mail.
- Successful candidates can be contacted by electronic mail earlier than “22 January 2021” and have to be obtainable to begin the programme in “February 2021”.
- Any candidate who doesn’t take part in any of the modules can be excluded from the programme.
- Enquiries in regards to the application course of should be emailed to: [email protected]; or [email protected].
- Applications are welcome from certified younger African Insurance Professionals working with insurance coverage or reinsurance corporations, brokerage corporations, supervisory authorities or associated organizations.
- Applications obtained after the above deadline, won’t be thought of. Applicants should add their curriculum vitae, cowl letter and reference types. If deemed vital, an interview could also be a part of the evaluation course of
Application Deadline fifteenth November, 2020.
[sc_fs_job html = ‘true’ title = ‘African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) 2020 / 2021 Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP)’ title_tag = ‘h2’ valid_through = ‘2020-11-30’ employment_type = ‘FULL_TIME’ company_name = ‘African Reinsurance Corporation’ same_as = ” logo_id = ” street_address = ‘Africa’ address_locality = ‘Any Country’ address_region = ‘Africa’ postal_code = ‘234’ address_country = ‘Nigeria’ currency_code = ‘NGN’ quantitative_value = ‘0.00’ base_salary = ‘HOUR’ css_class = ” ] African Reinsurance Corporation [/sc_fs_job]
# African Reinsurance Corporation
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]