African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African growth establishment, selling financial progress and social progress throughout the continent. There are 80 member states, together with 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s growth agenda is delivering the monetary and technical help for transformative tasks that can considerably scale back poverty by means of inclusive and sustainable financial progress.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2020 Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position N°: 50080938
- Established in 2006, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation goals to help good governance and nice management in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide standards by which residents and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African management and supply a sensible method by which leaders can construct constructive legacies on the continent once they have left workplace;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing the Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship place within the African Development Bank (the “Bank”). The Fellow will carry out the features and duties of the place on the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or in every other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
- The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the subsequent technology of excellent African leaders by offering them with distinctive work alternatives on the most senior degree of outstanding African establishments or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to enhance the financial and social prospects of Africa. The Fellowship permits gifted people to extend and improve their skilled capability, with the intention of contributing to the governance and growth of their nations thereby making a pipeline of future African leaders. The Fellow will work with the Bank for this objective, for a interval not exceeding twelve (12) months, and the Foundation will finance the prices related to the place on the next phrases:
This place just isn’t an everyday place of the African Development Bank. The contract for this task is for a interval of 1 (1) year and isn’t renewable. Funding is offered by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF).
Contract Terms and Duration
- The fellow will obtain an annual stipend month-to-month paid by the Bank out of the funds offered by Foundation. The Fellow could also be required to journey to completely different places on directions of the Bank. All bills associated to the Fellow’s official mission journey, together with journey insurance coverage however excluding journey and delivery prices referring to assumption of obligation and repatriation, will probably be borne by the Bank.
- The Fellow will signal a contract with the Bank earlier than graduation of service.
- For the period of his/her contract with the Bank, the Fellow will, for all operational functions and functions of conduct, be required to adjust to the Staff Regulations and Rules of the Bank. Only the Bank and never the Foundation shall be entitled to direct and instruct the Fellow in his/her efficiency or conduct throughout the course his/her task with the Bank.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation will be certain that the Fellow has his/her personal medical insurance coverage, baby training and retirement plan preparations.
- The journey and delivery prices for the belief of obligation and repatriation on the finish of the appointment will probably be borne and paid out of the Funds offered by the Foundation.
- The Fellow just isn’t an everyday worker of the Bank, or just isn’t granted a proper to employment with the Bank. There isn’t any obligation to rent the Fellow and there’s no presumption of future employment on the Bank upon expiration of the twelve (12) month fellowship Term. The Fellow shall not be eligible for recruitment as a employees member of the Bank for a interval of 1 (one) year from the date of termination of his/her Fellowship with the Bank or expiration of the 12 month Fellowship time period (whichever is sooner).
- The Fellow shall not take part within the Bank’s baby instructional scheme and employees medical insurance coverage and retirement plans.
For extra data on the Foundation and the Fellowship Program please go to: http://mo.ibrahim.foundation/fellowships.
Duties and tasks
- The Ibrahim Leadership Fellow will take management steerage from the President, the Senior Vice President, the Chief of Staff and Director of Cabinet and/or a delegated Representative. With this steerage, the Fellow will contribute to the design and implementation of strategic assignments that can enhance and improve their skilled and management capability, with the intention of contributing to the governance and growth of their nations. The Fellow will even have the next tasks:
- Design, develop, and implement revolutionary insurance policies aligned with company priorities.
- Participate in high-level discussions and contribute to the preparation of the President’s conferences and missions.
- Carry out analysis and evaluation as requested.
- Advise on and develop strategic initiatives to advance the Bank’s mission and targets.
- Undertake different duties as assigned and required.
- The precedence for the 2020 collection of the Mo Ibrahim Fellow is the Bank’s High 5 areas (lighting up and powering Africa; Feeding Africa; Industrializing Africa; Integrating Africa and Improving the standard of life for the people of Africa).
- The key competences are prime notch skilled expertise in personal sector and powerful coverage analytical expertise in any respect ranges and skill to run fashions.
- The Fellowship is for younger professionals, mid-career or/and new executives.
The Fellow should:
- Be nationwide of an African nation, residing wherever on the earth;
- Not be an energetic, non-active, retired, or separated employees member of the Bank;
- Not have shut household relations with an energetic or non-active employees member, reminiscent of mom, father, sister and brother;
- Demonstrate confirmed management and consultative expertise;
- Have expertise in strategic planning, venture administration and execution ;
- Have expertise in formulating coverage, and creating and implementing new methods and procedures;
- Demonstrate robust potential to research and interpret monetary knowledge;
- Strong writing and analytical expertise;
- Demonstrate potential to speak and work together with officers in any respect ranges of presidency and to work successfully with a variety of constituencies in a various group;
- Demonstrate potential to encourage groups and concurrently handle a number of tasks.
- Government officers, energetic navy personnel and political social gathering leaders aren’t eligible;
- Age restrict is forty (40) years for women and men and forty-five (45) years for ladies with kids;
- Hold a minimal of a Master’s Degree in Economics, , Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any self-discipline related to the Bank’s enterprise: reminiscent of excellent educational credentials, related work expertise, robust communication expertise, demonstrated management expertise and skill to work with others;
- Have a minimum of 7 (seven) years’ work expertise related to the Bank’s actions;
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply
- Applications will solely be thought of if they’re submitted on line with a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of start, nationality, training and related expertise.
- Applicants should additionally connect copies of educational transcripts and three letters of advice.
- The choice course of will embody the Bank’s Human Resources Department finishing up an preliminary vetting of functions to develop a brief listing of ten (10) applicant information to be additional reviewed by the Foundation. A brief listing of three (3) candidates will probably be introduced to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for last choice.
- Only candidates who absolutely meet the Bank’s necessities and are thought of for interview will probably be contacted.
- This place just isn’t an everyday place of the African Development Bank. The contract for this task is for a interval of 1 (1) year and isn’t renewable. Funding is offered by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an electronic mail with a exact description of the difficulty and/or a screenshot displaying the issue to: HR Direct [email protected]
Application Deadline 14th October, 2019.
CHECK THIS ALSO : Coca-Cola Company : Recruitment for an Internal Control Manager
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)