African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African improvement establishment, selling financial progress and social progress throughout the continent. There are 80 member states, together with 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s improvement agenda is delivering the monetary and technical assist for transformative tasks that may considerably cut back poverty by inclusive and sustainable financial progress.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2021 MO IBRAHIM Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program, URPR
Reference: ADB / 21 / 025
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position N°: 50080938
Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Established in 2006, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation goals to assist good governance and nice management in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide standards by which residents and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African management and supply a sensible means through which leaders can construct constructive legacies on the continent after they have left workplace;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing the Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship place within the African Development Bank (the “Bank”). The Fellow will carry out the capabilities and duties of the place on the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or in another location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
- The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the subsequent technology of excellent African leaders by offering them with distinctive work alternatives on the most senior degree of outstanding African establishments or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to enhance the financial and social prospects of Africa.
- The Fellowship permits proficient people to extend and improve their skilled capability, with the intention of contributing to the governance and improvement of their international locations thereby making a pipeline of future African leaders.
The Fellow will work with the Bank for this function, for a interval not exceeding twelve (12) months, and the Foundation will finance the prices related to the place on the next phrases:
Contract Terms and Duration
- The fellow will obtain an annual stipend month-to-month paid by the Bank out of the funds supplied by Foundation. The Fellow could also be required to journey to completely different areas on directions of the Bank. All bills associated to the Fellow’s official mission journey, together with journey insurance coverage however excluding journey and transport prices referring to assumption of responsibility and repatriation, can be borne by the Bank.
- The Fellow will signal a contract with the Bank earlier than graduation of service.
- For the period of his/her contract with the Bank, the Fellow will, for all operational functions and functions of conduct, be required to adjust to the Staff Regulations and Rules of the Bank. Only the Bank and never the Foundation shall be entitled to direct and instruct the Fellow in his/her performance or conduct in the course of the course his/her project with the Bank.
- The Fellow just isn’t a daily worker of the Bank, or just isn’t granted a proper to employment with the Bank. There isn’t any obligation to rent the Fellow and there’s no presumption of future employment on the Bank upon expiration of the twelve (12) month fellowship Term. The Fellow shall not be eligible for recruitment as a workers member of the Bank for a interval of 1 (one) year from the date of termination of his/her Fellowship with the Bank or expiration of the 12 month Fellowship time period (whichever is sooner).
- The Fellow shall not take part within the Bank’s baby instructional scheme and workers medical insurance coverage and retirement plans.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation will be sure that the Fellow has his/her personal medical insurance coverage, baby schooling and retirement plan preparations.
- The journey and transport prices for the belief of responsibility and repatriation on the finish of the appointment can be borne and paid out of the Funds supplied by the Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellow will take management steerage from the President, the Senior Vice President, the Chief of Staff and Director of Cabinet and/or a chosen Representative. With this steerage, the Fellow will contribute to the design and implementation of strategic assignments that may improve and improve their skilled and management capability, with the intention of contributing to the governance and improvement of their international locations. The Fellow can even have the next duties:
- Design, develop and assist implement modern approaches to varied strategic problems with significance to the Bank’s mission and goals, based mostly on worldwide best apply.
- Undertake analysis and evaluation of present and rising technique, program and coverage areas related for the Bank, as required.
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of assorted Bank Group initiatives in addition to the common work program, and put together briefs, memos and different documentation that convey in non-technical phrases the seemingly influence;
- Participate in high-level discussions and contribute to the preparation of the President’s conferences and missions; and
- Carry out another assigned duties by related senior workers within the President’s workplace.
- The precedence for the 2021 choice of the Mo Ibrahim Fellow is the Bank’s High 5 areas (lighting up and powering Africa; Feeding Africa; Industrializing Africa; Integrating Africa and Improving the standard of life for the people of Africa).
- The key competences are top-notch skilled expertise in non-public sector and robust coverage analytical expertise in any respect ranges and skill to run fashions.
- The Fellowship is for younger professionals, mid-career or/and new executives.
The Fellow should:
- Be nationwide of an African nation, residing anyplace on the planet;
- Not be an lively, non-active, retired, or separated workers member of the Bank;
- Not have shut household relations with an lively or non-active workers member, comparable to mom, father, sister and brother;
- Government officers, lively navy personnel and political social gathering leaders will not be eligible;
- Age restrict is forty (40) years for women and men and forty-five (45) years for girls with youngsters;
- Have excellent tutorial credentials backed by a minimal of a Master’s Degree from a acknowledged establishment in banking, enterprise, economics or different social sciences, finance, worldwide improvement, or in another self-discipline related to the Bank’s enterprise;
- Have expertise in formulating coverage, and growing and implementing new methods and procedures;
- Demonstrate sturdy capacity to investigate and interpret monetary and different knowledge;
- Excellent written and oral presentation expertise;
- Demonstrate capacity to speak and work together with officers in any respect ranges of presidency and to work successfully with a variety of constituencies in a various group;
- Demonstrate capacity to inspire groups and concurrently handle a number of tasks.
- Have related and demonstrable work expertise, sturdy communication expertise, demonstrated management expertise and skill to work with others;
- Have a minimum of 7 (seven) years’ work expertise related to the Bank’s actions;
- Demonstrate confirmed management and consultative expertise;
- Have expertise in strategic planning, mission administration and execution;
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The Application Process
- Applicants should apply on-line earlier than the deadline.
- Applications will solely be thought of if they’re submitted on line with a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of delivery, nationality, schooling and related expertise.
- Applicants should additionally connect copies of educational transcripts and three letters of advice.
- The choice course of will embrace the Bank’s Human Resources Department finishing up an preliminary vetting of functions to develop a brief record of ten (10) applicant recordsdata to be additional reviewed by the Foundation. A brief record of three (3) candidates can be introduced to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for ultimate choice.
- Only candidates who totally meet the Bank’s necessities and are thought of for interview can be contacted.
- This place just isn’t a daily place of the African Development Bank. The contract for this project is for a interval of 1 (1) year and isn’t renewable. Funding is supplied by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an e mail with a exact description of the difficulty and/or a screenshot displaying the issue to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG.
- To apply for this place, it’s essential be nationwide of one in every of AfDB member international locations.
- Applicants who totally meet the Bank’s necessities and are thought of for interview can be contacted. Only on-line functions submitted with a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required levels can be thought of. The President, AfDB, reserves the fitting to nominate a candidate at a decrease degree. The African Development Bank is an equal alternatives employer. Female candidates are strongly inspired to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) doesn’t ask for funds of any form from candidates all through the recruitment course of (job application, CV overview, interview assembly, and ultimate processing of functions). In addition, the Bank doesn’t request data on candidates’ financial institution accounts.
- The African Development Bank Group declines all accountability for the fraudulent publications of job affords in its identify or, basically, for the fraudulent use of its identify in any means in anyway
Application Deadline fifteenth March, 2021.
Some of the favored queries people used to seek out this Job Vacancies are kindly famous down. See the queries beneath:
Naija Recruitment News Today , Current Recruitment in Nigeria, Latest Recruitment in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs , Todays jobs in Nigeria, Hot Nigerian Jobs, Latest Jobs in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs Online, Vacancies in Nigeria, Nigeria Job Today, Nigeria Hot Jobs, Latest Jobs Vacancy in Nigeria Today , Latest Job Offers in Nigeria ,Jobs in Nigeria Now, Hotnigerianjobs, Jobzilla Nigeria, Myjobmag Nigeria, Naija Hot Jobs Vacancies, Jobs in Nigeria Today.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State