African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African improvement establishment, selling financial development and social progress throughout the continent. There are 80 member states, together with 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s improvement agenda is delivering the monetary and technical help for transformative initiatives that may considerably cut back poverty via inclusive and sustainable financial development.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Principal Capacity Development Officer, ECAD0
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50053025
- The Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP) is the Bank’s spokesperson on financial issues and the VP for the ‘Economics Governance and Knowledge Management Complex’. The Complex is liable for (i) offering management and visibility for the Bank on financial, finance, monetary governance and socio financial improvement points; and coordinate the era of analytical works to tell operational coverage; (ii) systematically emphasizing the important position of data, expertise, classes learnt and their tangible affect on sustainable, inclusive transformation of African economies.
The Hiring Department
- The African Development Institute coordinates and oversees Capacity Development mainstreaming in Bank operations for enhanced improvement effectiveness within the regional member international locations, via: (i) offering advisory providers together with steering instruments to help efficient design and supply of Capacity Development targets in Bank operations; (ii) figuring out and designing tailor-made Capacity Development programmes and finishing up associated actions to maintain improvement leads to the regional members international locations; (iii) leveraging partnerships and coordinating information dissemination and outreach, conversion and switch, with the view to contribute to improved policy-making and financial governance for sustainable improvement within the regional members international locations.
- The Principal Capacity Development Officer ECAD0, will play an lively position within the day-to-day supply of the Department’s mandate, guarantee top quality requirements are noticed, and collaborate with the Bank operations to additional capability improvement mainstreaming inside the Bank.
ALSO APPLY FOR THIS JOB :Front Office Manager Job Vacancy at Eko Innovation
Specifically the Principal Capacity Development Officer ECAD0 has the next tasks:
- Support the capability improvement of the Banks RMCs to successfully design and implement their very own macroeconomic instruments to enhance policy-making processes and outcomes.
- Provide Management and by extension, the ECVP complicated and different Bank departments with skilled technical recommendation on addressing RMCs’ capability constructing points and enhance dialogue with improvement companions.
- Contribute to useful resource mobilization efforts and implementation of Trust Funds to deal with rising capability improvement wants within the RMCs.
- Support the ECAD Senior Director in offering high quality assurance and coordination of labor program deliverables of the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and steering of the Senior Director of the African Development Institute, the Principal Capacity Development Officer will:
- Participate within the design and supply of macro-economic administration instruments and trainings within the RMCs, in collaboration with different related employees members throughout the Bank.
- Participate within the identification and evaluation of capability wants and demand within the RMCs.
- Task Manage capability improvement actions in collaboration with nation funding groups, to contribute to enhance macroeconomic capability within the RMCs.
- Enhance partnerships with worldwide, regional and nationwide coaching establishments to deepen and broaden the scope of capability improvement actions within the RMCs.
- Mobilize assets from the Bank’s Trust Funds and different companions to ship profitable capability improvement initiatives within the Bank’s RMCs.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Annual/Mid-year overview of capability improvement actions and duly put together reports and displays as could also be required by Management.
- In collaboration with ECVP and different Bank departments, design and ship capability improvement programmes in macroeconomic modelling, forecasting and evaluation.
- Task handle ongoing institutional help grants to regional financial capability improvement establishments in Africa.
- Task handle ongoing initiatives financed by the Bank’s Trust Funds.
- Contribute to the overview of Bank’s core coverage, technique and operational paperwork.
- Prepare enter to the AfDB Annual Report and articles on capability improvement.
- Participate in peer overview conferences within the annual preparation of the African Economic Outlook.
- Represent the Senior Director in conferences upon request.
- Undertake some other duties as could also be requested by the Senior Director.
- Hold at minimal a Master’s in Economics, Finance, Social Sciences, or associated fields.
- Have a minimal of six (6) years of related and progressive skilled expertise in financial improvement, public coverage analyses, and/or capability improvement in worldwide improvement settings and in Africa.
- Have wonderful information of financial improvement fashions and a powerful potential to interpret the outcomes of analysis to facilitate coverage dialogue.
- Have confirmed potential to suppose strategically and to design long-term plans and applications according to the Bank’s strategic priorities.
- Demonstrate potential to construct and handle strategic institutional partnerships for streamlined and elevated help to capability improvement within the RMCs.
- Be results-oriented, concise planning to realize anticipated outcomes.
- Demonstrated workforce participant with sturdy interpersonal and communication, downside fixing, self-organization and time administration abilities. A client and outcomes oriented particular person with a proactive perspective.
- Strong analytical and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities in French or English, with a superb working information of the opposite language.
- Competence in the usage of commonplace Bank software program particularly MS Office functions and SAP will probably be a bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Senior Social Safeguards Officer, RDNG
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position N°: 50093568
- The Senior Vice-Presidency (SNVP) is liable for supporting the President within the day-to-day administration of the Bank Group to realize its strategic goal and drive performance tradition that may align all processes and methods to ship excessive affect outcomes. The SNVP offers efficient management and distinctive coordination to make sure implementation and monitoring of key company selections in addition to the identification of obligatory corrective measures and actions. The SNVP leads senior administration discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management selections.
The Hiring Department
- Located inside the SNVP Complex, the Environmental and Social Safeguards and Compliance Department (SNSC) is liable for mainstreaming environmental and social improvement concerns into Bank financed operations in the private and non-private sectors via the implementation of the Integrated Safeguard System (ISS). The Department will present cross-sector E&S operational help to all operations within the areas in conducting the required E&S due diligence and implementation help throughout all phases of the challenge improvement cycle. The Department will even design and/or present capacity-building help to make sure that not all of the Bank’s initiatives and applications are solely compliant with the ISS but in addition improve alternatives for the sustainability of Environment and Social improvement outcomes.
- The Senior Social Safeguards Officer will work underneath the overall supervision and steering of the Safeguards and Compliance Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Mainstreaming of social facets in operations, together with safeguards, gender and social inclusion. As process workforce member, he/she’s going to present help to Task Managers and Borrowers/Clients in figuring out, mainstreaming and monitoring social improvement and safeguard facets/considerations in Bank operations throughout the identification, preparation, appraisal, implementation, and completion phases (all through challenge lifecycle) via the next:
- Assess the social threat related to Bank-funded operations and put together/contribute to the categorization memorandum;
- Assess and/or ameliorate the character of the social analyses and socio-economic research, ready by Borrowers/Clients, to seize all related social improvement and safeguards considerations;
- Analyse and mainstream related and cross-cutting social points into Bank-funded operations, significantly points associated to gender, social vulnerability, stakeholder engagement and the social implications of local weather change;
- Document and advocate classes learnt on social sustainability to combine within the design and implementation modalities of latest operations to boost social advantages;
- Assist Borrowers/Clients for the finalization of the Terms of Reference (ToRs) for the preparation of Environmental and Social Assessment (ESA) documentation (SESA, ESIA, ESMF, ESMS, RAP, ES Audit, Hazard and Risk Assessment, and so forth.) to make sure compliance with the ISS.
- Review the ESA documentation submitted by the Borrowers/Clients as of the ISS and different Bank insurance policies’ necessities;
- Draft the inputs for the technical sections on social impacts in Project Concept Notes (PCNs), Project Appraisal Reports (PARs), Project Completion Reports (PCRs) and some other challenge associated report as required.
- Draft and/or ameliorate reporting templates to be used in implementing and monitoring social facets and elements of initiatives and applications and put together, the place relevant, motion plans to deliver initiatives and applications in compliance with Bank’s environmental and social necessities.
- Liaise with co-financiers to make sure consistency within the mainstreaming of social safeguard considerations.
Policy and Compliance with Social Requirements:
- Participate within the formulation, overview and/or revision of the Bank environmental and social safeguard insurance policies, procedures and tips.
- Provide coverage steering to Bank groups on social safeguard points to boost their consciousness and the capability of the initiatives and programmes to adjust to the ISS.
Capacity Building and Knowledge Management:
- Contribute to the event and implementation of capability constructing and coaching applications for employees inside the Bank and in RMCs.
- Participate in, contribute and signify the Bank in inside and exterior trainings and conferences on social safeguards and social improvement points in addition to different actions for advocacy, dissemination and information constructing.
- Develop and/or contribute to the event of modern information merchandise on social sustainability, social safeguards and/or the E&S performance of Bank financed initiatives and programmes.
- Undertake some other process because the Director of the Environment and Social Safeguards Department and/or the Regional Director General.
- Hold at least Master’s degree in Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, Law, Economy) or associated self-discipline.
- A minimal of 5 (5) years of related skilled expertise in social improvement and safeguards, together with the preparation and implementation of social safeguards threat administration devices (social evaluation, resettlement coverage framework, resettlement motion plan, stakeholders’ engagement plan, weak group engagement plan, indigenous people plan, gender-based violence administration, and so forth.), community-driven operations, land administration, and so forth.
- Demonstrable information and apply of the environmental and social safeguards insurance policies/requirements, procedures and practices of comparator Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) supporting the Regional Member Countries.
- Experience with worldwide organizations or Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) in Africa is a bonus.
- Achieving outcomes and downside fixing – (e.g. persistently seeks simpler and sensible ways for the Departmental supply of providers, merchandise, and processes, proposes new ways to enhance the standard and relevance of services and products).
- Strong inter-personal talent and talent to take care of delicate points in a multi-cultural surroundings and to construct efficient working relations with colleagues
- Communicate and write successfully in English and/or French.
- It can be fascinating to have a working information of the opposite language, and even talk and write successfully each in French and English.
- Competence in the usage of commonplace software program functions (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and so forth.)
Deadline: ninth December, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This place is classed worldwide standing and attracts worldwide phrases and situations of employment.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022