Mr. Adesina Ogunlana, immediate past Chairman of the Ikeja Branch of the Nigerian Bar Association , Convener of Citizens’ Rally against Oppression and presidential aspirant in the forthcoming 2020 national elections of the Nigerian Bar Association has condemned the plans of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration to arraign Omoyele Sowore on Monday, 30th September, 2019 without complying with the order made by Honourable Justice Taiwo Taiwo for him to be admitted to bail pending his arraignment.
This was made known in a press statement issued by Ayo Ademiluyi, Secretary of Citizens’ Rally against Oppression and Director of Media, Strategy, Publicity and Communications of #ProgressiveBar, a platform initiated by Mr. Ogunlana to push for a vibrant Bar.
The statement added that lawyers must arise through their branches of the Nigerian Bar Association to pass resolutions at their October 2019 Monthly Branch Meetings to organise series of civic actions to protest the rape of the independence of the judiciary as witnessed in the last one week. The statement also added that the Paul Usoro SAN-led national leadership must spring into action on this latest attack on the judiciary by issuing a strong worded statement against the attack as a step towards the convening of the October 2019 National Executive Committee with a Special Session on the State of the Nation with broad invitation to stakeholders in the justice administration sector including but not limited to the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, the National Judicial Council, the Body of Benchers and representatives of the labour and civil society movement towards taking a decisive resolution up to declaration of mass protests, judiciary strike and court boycott until sanity is restored.
The statement highlighted the need to reposition the Nigerian Bar Association as a social force against impunity .
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria