The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike has branded the former national chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Adams Oshiomole ‘a liar’ over his recent criticisms of Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki.
Oshiomole earlier in the week apologized to some traditional rulers in Edo state for asking them to vote for Obaseki four years ago. This development didn’t go down well with Wike.
The Rivers State Commissioner for Information and Communications, Paulinus Nsirim, revealed the governor made the comment during a live radio programme on Wednesday.
Mr Wike noted that the people of Edo already knew the type of candidate the All Progressives Congress, APC, presented to them following what Adams Oshiomhole said about him four years ago.
“Such a character cannot be accepted by Edo people as Governor during the election.”
“I respect the Benin tradition and I know that Edo people are educated to know that Oshiomhole cannot play on their intelligence.”
“If he is now retracting what he said of Ize Iyamu, who is sure that he’s saying the correct thing now. Adams Oshiomole’s sudden u-turn is a great insult on Edo people. This is an opportunity for Edo people both at home and in the diaspora to use their votes to tell Oshiomole they cannot take his lies anymore.”
“From all indications, it is obvious that there is no strong opposition against Obaseki and he will win convincingly”.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria