Hollywood actress, Felicity Huffman on Tuesday, October 15th started serving a two-week prison term for her position in a school admissions rip-off during which she paid a bribe to assist her daughter acquire admission to a prestigious college.
The “Desperate Housewives” star turned herself in on the low-security Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin, about 35 miles (55 kilometers) east of San Francisco.
“Ms. Huffman is prepared to serve the term of imprisonment Judge (Indira) Talwani ordered as one part of the punishment she imposed for Ms. Huffman’s actions. She will begin serving the remainder of the sentence Judge Talwani imposed one year of supervised release, with conditions including 250 hours of community service when she is released” a consultant for the 56-year-old actress stated in a statement to AFP.
READ ALSO : Sad! Nigeria’s debt hits N25.7trn
The Oscar nominee, who’s married to actor William H. Macy, was the primary of greater than 30 dad and mom sentenced in an elaborate and wide-ranging rip-off to assist youngsters of the elite safe locations in high US schools.
Huffman, who was additionally fined $30,000, pleaded responsible in May throughout a tearful court appearance to paying $15,000 to spice up her daughter’s SAT school entrance examination rating.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives