Mrs Kemi Adeosun, the former Finance Minister, did not need the National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC) discharge certificate to take up any ministerial post or to run for any elected office in the country, according to a Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday.
The court determined that Adeosun, who graduated from a London university in 1989, was already 36 years old and hence exempt from the NYSC programme.
Justice Taiwo Oladipupo Taiwo, in a suit, ruled that Adeosun was a British citizen, having been born in the United Kingdom in 1967 and remaining there until 2003, when she returned to Nigeria.
Justice Taiwo ruled that Adeosun became a Nigerian citizen on May 29, 1999, when the 1999 Constitution went into effect, and that the NYSC Act has no bearing on her.
Adeosun would have committed a heinous crime against Nigeria if she had engaged in the NYSC after reaching the exemption age of 36 years, according to the judgement.
# Kemi Adeosun NYSC certificate
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates