Abubakar Malami, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, has explained why he nominated Abdulrasheed Bawa to lead the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
In an interview with the Daily Trust, Malami refuted claims that he single-handedly selected Bawa as the EFFC chairman. He said four names were submitted to the president for consideration, and Bawa was ultimately chosen.
Bawa “has held various authorities, including serving as the head of operations in various divisions, including Port Harcourt, Lagos, and Ibadan, which are adjudged to be the high point,” according to the AGF.
He also denied being related to the EFCC Chairman and refuted claims that Bawa’s appointment subverted some of the commission’s functions.
“I am happy that most of the comments made are not on his capacity, intelligence, competence and associated ability to deliver. His capacity to deliver was never questioned across the nation.
“The question is whether justice has been served, whether public interest has been served having the chairman appointed with a particular regard to his capacity and ability to deliver.
“My answer is yes. He has the capacity, ability and institutional history of the institution to do justice by way of bringing about added value.”
# Abubakar Malami , Abdulrasheed Bawa ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff