The Vice Chancellor of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Professor Ibrahim Garba has stated that parents aid sex-for-marks acts in universities.
Professor Garba who spoke during a phone-in Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) Kaduna programme, stated that parents also deserve to be blamed for the sex-for-marks acts witnessed in universities for failing in the upbringing of their children.
He said “University is not like secondary school as students are free on the assumption that they are matured. Since we don’t have the right to restrict the liberties given to the students by the system, we put in place measures that would protect them.
“The decay in our moral training is alarming. Parents no longer correct their wards where they go wrong. Children are now the ones controlling their parents. Some of these students are over pampered.
“Some parents have gotten illicit funds; therefore, they release this money to their children without control. You can have a student with money in her account that is far above her lecturer’s salary. You see students driving expensive cars or using expensive mobile phones.
“All these make the students lazy and therefore have to resort to other means to pass exams. This makes them to even take themselves to some bad elements among the lecturers for them to pass exams. However, we put stringent measures in place to punish anyone involves in this bad behaviour.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021