Danladi Gyet, the oldest Northern traditional ruler, has been kidnapped and his kidnappers have demanded N100 million.
Danladi Gyet, the oldest traditional ruler in Northern Nigeria, was kidnapped by gunmen on Monday in his farm in Gitata community, Nasarawa State, on the border between the two states.
According to reports, the 80-year-old royal father was in the farm with his driver and a security guard when the gunmen arrived and took him away, leaving the two behind.
The criminal elements contacted a family member on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after the abduction, demanding N100 million to release the first-class traditional ruler.
Traditional rulers in Kaduna have been kidnapped and a ransom of N100 million has been demanded.
The demand was confirmed by a close family member who did not want to be identified.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer