Ekiti State Commissioner for Agriculture, Folorunso Olabode.
The kidnappers of the Ekiti State Commissioner for Agriculture, Folorunso Olabode, have slashed the ransom demanded from N30 million to N15 million.
The abductors had reached out to the commissioner’s family on Monday to demand N30 million for his release after he was kidnapped on Sunday, April 26, along the Isan-Iludun road at Ilejemeje local government area, while traveling from Ado-Ekiti to his hometown Iye-Ekiti.
During the kidnap, a councillor in his car, Olatunji Omotosho, was shot dead, while the commissioner was kidnapped alongside another occupant in the car, a woman.
A family source who spoke to newsmen today in Ado-Ekiti said the ransom was reduced during negotiation with the kidnappers.
“The process of negotiation began on Monday and the initial request was a sum of N30 million. But as of today, Wednesday, the captors had reduced to N15 million. We are hoping that the Commissioner will be released soon because we are all concerned about his safety,” the family source said.
Commenting on the security measures being taken to secure Olabode’s release, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti Command, Mr. Sunday Abutu, said the police and other security networks are on the trail of the bandits.
Abutu added that the police and other security have begun serious stop and search along the route to ascertain the identities of commuters.
He said the police were not aware of any negotiation on the demand made by the abductors, assuring that every security measures would be put in place to secure Olabode’s release.
“We are not aware that the bandits were requesting for any ransom, we have not been told.
“The police have begun serious security checks in that axis. We have taken strict security measures and we are closing in on them,” he said.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State